Thinking of recipe names or rather, cool recipe names, isn’t my forte. But here’s another of my recipe that is extremely easy to follow! All you need is just a few ingredients, seasoning, and about 20-25 minutes to spare (excluding the marinade).
What you’ll need:
– A slab of pork belly, 1 kg
– Gochujang (Korean red pepper paste)
– Gochugaru (Korean red pepper powder)
– Kimchi (Get the ripened ones if possible!)
– Onions, sliced
– Garlic, finely chopped
– Sesame Oil
– Carrots and cucumbers, julienned
- Slice the pork belly into bite-sized pieces and place them in a large bowl.
- Add salt, pepper, gochujang, gochugaru, garlic, and sesame oil. Mix well!
- Put it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat up a large pan with a slightly deep base and add 2 – 3 tbsp of oil.
- Fry the meat until both sides are seared nicely.
- Add the onions and fry until it softens. When that is done, add the kimchi and fry for about 5 – 10 minutes more.
- You can add either water or stock. Stock is very much preferred as it adds even more flavour to it!
- Let it bubble away for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Serve it immediately with a bowl of rice, some julienned carrots and cucumbers on the top.
- Happy days.